• The woman’s relatives were shocked to discover that she was still alive while preparing her body for the funeral after she had been declared dead by the hospital.
• The woman’s son said that his mother started to move her left hand, open her eyes and struggle to breathe when they opened the coffin.
• Firefighters arrived and lifted the woman from the coffin onto a stretcher and took her back to the same hospital where she had been declared dead.
• The woman’s son said that his mother was responsive and on oxygen in the intensive care unit, and reacted when a doctor pinched her hand.
• The health ministry has opened an investigation into the incident after the woman was issued a death certificate stating she had died of cardiopulmonary arrest following a stroke.
• The article mentions another case in February where an 82-year-old woman was found breathing while lying in a funeral home after being pronounced dead three hours earlier at a nursing home.
Breaking news from around the world.
News that is American but has an international facet may also be posted here.
These guidelines will be enforced on a know-it-when-I-see-it basis.
For US News, see the US News community.
This community’s icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.